Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:29:41 +0300
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Help with IP Filter (strange problem)

My server has LL link to ISP and has only one public IP address (x.x.x.x). I
try to count bytes from ISP to my interface with public IP address.

1. IP firewall rule for this:

0520 allow ip from any to x.x.x.x via ppp0

2. IP Filter accounting rule for this (I tried to use first rule and then
second one, results were the same):

@1 count in on ppp0 from any to any
or
@1 count in on ppp0 from any to x.x.x.x/32

Number of bytes on IP Filter accounting rule is more then number of bytes in
IP Firewall rule in two times (I used ipfw and ipfstat command to view
counters).
I used the same rules for counting incoming bytes on LAN and IP Firewall and
IP Filter give equal results.

What did I wrong?

ps: I use IP Firewall and IP Filter together, but don't think that it is
problem, because on LAN results, as I expected, are correct and equal.