Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 00:54:36 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-root@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Caveat Emptor

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.980613075314.197A-100000@farout>, Andre
LeClaire <leclaire@sprintmail.com> writes
>> If your mouse is one of the intellipoint jobbies (a stick between keys g
>> and h) I would be interested to know how you have set it up. I can get
>> the graphical setup to work, but unable to get the mouse functioning. If
>> I run startx, it crashes with the error 'mouse not configured'. This is
>> the only error.
>>
>> I'm running a toshiba satellite 110ct with 16mb ram, and 2.2.5 freebsd
>
>Is the mouse recognized at boot time? The output of dmesg should include
>psm0.

Hmm. I don't think it is...

>If not, add the device to your kernel config file and build a new
>kernel.

I have to install /src (but where? / is nearly full, /stand/sysinstall
copies everything to / before installing. Is there a way to avoid this?
I have plenty of space on /usr and /var)

> Also, make sure /dev contains a symbolic link mouse -> /dev/psm0.

This is already there

>If it doesn't, do ln -s /dev/psm0 /dev/mouse. Also, as I remember, it's
>best *not* to configure the mouse in /etc/rc.conf under 2.2.5, as it
>conflicts with XFree.

ok

> BTW, 2.2.6 has much improved support for laptops,
>especially the pccard stuff.

yeah, but I have only 2.2.5 on cd! - maybe I should install PAO for
2.2.5... or upgrade to 2.2.6, or should I reinstall everything to take
advantage of all the security fixes?

thanks

>Andre

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the message

       John <freebsd-root@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
 "Tough on causes and tough on the causes of causes"