Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 00:46:38 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup -- changed?

Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com> types:
> Has the CVSup package changed to include a bunch of
> new dependancies? I've used and installed it
> previously and I don't remember all these pm3 and X11
> requirements. Am I just confused?

I think you're confused, and are thinking of the cvsup-bin port. That
port didn't depend on anything else, but just installed a statically
linked version of the cvsup port. The cvsup port has always had a
bunch of dependencies like that, though they've changed recently to
use a different Modula III compiler. I'm not sure what the old cvsupit
port did, but the current one includes the CVSUP port so it will get
those as well.

The current cvsup port can be built statically, so that installing the
package does exactly what installing the old cvsup-bin port
did. That's the easiest way to install cvsup these days.

> Secondly, a simple question. In order to compile CVSup
> without X11, I need to "Define 'WITHOUT_X11'" but I'm
> not sure what that means...?

As explained by Kris, that's an environment variable you need to set
for the make. You may want to set STATIC as well, so that you can
remove all the modula runtime libraries after you've built the thing.

	<mike