Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 05:04:24 -0800
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        sac@gruponet.com.br
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTPD

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 05:11:13PM -0200, sac@gruponet.com.br wrote:
> Mrs.
>
> How do you do for not permited access of the users for others directories, oh the others ftp's in my ftpd?
> example: ftp://joao , if this user run the command cd .., he hasn't permission to access others directorios, of the others domains.
> I have the file ftpchroot and your domains registred.

I assume then, by "have the file ftpchroot", you mean that the
file exists.  In the file, should be usernames of the users
which you would like chroot'd.

Also, if limiting access to other users' home directories is
your only concern, then you should change the permissions
(using 'chmod') on the home directories to something like
700 or 711.

-Brent

 * PGP: 4E5C 7BAE F756 1994 F33D  12BC 036C 25F0 2285 4DC7