Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 1995 19:50:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jan@bagend.atl.ga.us, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, phk@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: New "release candidate floppies" available

> > This floppy set does not crash when I request no MBR writing.
> > However, it has done something stranger still.  Upon rebooting
> > after the install, I do not get the OS/2 BM screen, I get a
> > cleared screen and then "Strike a key to reboot".  To recover
>
> Hmmm.  To be honest, I'm not sure what happens in that case!  I would
> have thought that libdisk would have left the MBR boot area completely
> untouched, but evidently not!  I only call Set_Boot_Mgr() if I want to

Hmm, In that case it will set the FreeBSD slice active, since we have
no other way to get freebsd booted afterwards...

Could you go into the (undocumented) 'W'izard mode and email me the
output ?

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'