Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:05:43 -0200
From:      "Alexandre Biancalana" <biancalana@gmail.com>
To:        "Gergo Szakal" <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS assert panic

On 1/20/08, Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done everyday work on my ZFS-enabled FreeBSD7 box. It is having
> 4*250G disks in a RAIDZ array (the base system is on a separate disk).
>
> %uname -a
> FreeBSD ginger.apathy.szote.u-szeged.hu 7.0-RC1 FreeBSD 7.0-RC1 #0: Mon
> Dec 24 10:10:07 UTC 2007
> root@driscoll.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>

> %cat info.0
> Dump header from device /dev/ad4s1b
>   Architecture: amd64
>   Architecture Version: 2
>   Dump Length: 253394944B (241 MB)
>   Blocksize: 512
>   Dumptime: Sun Jan 20 23:51:58 2008
>   Hostname:
>   Magic: FreeBSD Kernel Dump
>   Version String: FreeBSD 7.0-RC1 #0: Mon Dec 24 10:10:07 UTC 2007
>     root@driscoll.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>   Panic String: solaris assert: sm->sm_space == space (0x1686d4800 ==
> 0x1686d3800),
> file: /usr/src/sys/modules/zfs/../../contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/space_map.c,
> line: 357
> Dump Parity: 4000765979
> Bounds: 0
> Dump Status: good
>
> Of course I have tried the things described at [1] but they did not
> work, same crash occured when importing. Haven't yet tried OpenSolaris,
> though.
> I can provide the dump should it be needed.
>
> TIA for looking into the issue.

Hi !

I don't want to scare you, I loose my data from the zfs filesystem in
the thread pointed by you... After some days of tries to repair this
with Pawel (and his contact @zfs-discuss), I ended recreating the
filesystem and assuming the lost of my data.

This was the first of two times that I lost the same pool with zfs,
after the second time I had to give up from zfs because my job will
not resists to a thrid time.....

Maybe Pawel can help you...

Regards,

Alexandre