Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:17:15 +0200
From:      Martin Faxer <gmh003532@brfmasthugget.se>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
Cc:        nsouch@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ppbus questions

On 2002.06.23 09:01:34 +0000, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> Perhaps you've already been over this, but have you tried just using (or
> altering) the vpo driver?  It already provides something resembling a
> SCSI interface for parallel-port ZIP drives; it would seem the logical
> place to start.

yeah, i had a look at the vpo driver to start with, and tried to use
it but it didn't detect anything.

my current code is basically a vpo but with s/vpo/epsa/ and everything
commented out except for the probe routine which i've modified. :)

however, i became a little bit suspicious when the drive didn't
respond at all like i'd expected it to, so i opened it up, and sure
enough my naive assumption of it being an EPSA-2 was wrong.

it appears that it's actually an EPEZ parallel to IDE chip...

i'll go search the internet a bit and see if i can find anything
resembling a driver or a data sheet for it, if not i'll probably
give up :)

thanks for your response!