Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:50:08 +0100
From:      James Jeffrey <james@jgj.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD RAID

Hello,

I was wanting to use FreeBSD in a couple of new server systems, normally
it would be my default choice, but I want to use RAID in these systems
and they are being built on a budget.

I was hoping to use software RAID, but I don't think that vinum or CCD
are up to the task. There was a project a while back to port the
Raidframe driver across from NetBSD. Anyone know what happened to it,
what the status is? Any other suggestions?

If no-one has any then I will have to use NetBSD, but NetBSD dosen't
offer SMP... I may even end up using Linux.

thanks,

James