Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:55:57 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP changes and breaking kld object module compatibility

>     So you guys (core) choose -- do you want 4.x to reap the benefits of
>     further SMP development or not?

I've read all the feedback on this thread and now feel that it would
be worthwhile to simply bring the SMP changes in on Wednesday.  As others
have pointed out, we don't have enough 3rd party 4.0 klds yet (I'd have
a hard time even saying "any") to make this a real problem so let's
just go for it.

- Jordan