Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2010 00:26:08 +0200
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        pav@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with devel/libtool22? [was Re: OpenCASCADE marked broken]

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

Le Mar 23 mar 10 =E0 22:37:24 +0100, Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
 =E9crivait=A0:
> Just to let you know this used to work on 6.3, though I cannot test it=20
> anymore now.
>=20
> I can compile it without any problem on 7.2/i386, though I remove
> "USE_FORTRAN=3Dyes".
>=20
> The latter is to avoid compilation with gcc4.4, which will lead to=20
> incompatibilities with other libraries (such as boost) I use on a=20
> project of mine.

It should be fixed now.

Actually, it used to work untill gcc-4.4.4.20100216. Gcc-44 is needed
because f77 has been removed from the base.

Since gcc-4.4.4.20100216, we got errors at linkage:

local symbol 0: discarded in section `.text._ZNSs12_...
local symbol 1: discarded in section `.text._ZNSs12_...
etc.

The OpenCASCADE port was built using devel/libtool22, and this port
installs a libtool file where LD and CC are hardcoded.

To fix OpenCASCADE, I had to link it with g++44, so I switched to the
included libtool.

I guess there might be a problem with devel/libtool22, but I don't dare
patching this beast: it could fix some ports, and break many others...

Regards,
--=20
Th. Thomas.

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T