Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:13:53 +0800
From:      blue <susan.lan@zyxel.com.tw>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   SADB_X_SPDFLUSH message handling for latest version of IPsec

Hi, all:

Recently I found the behavior for the command "setkey -FP" is quite
different for the latest version IPsec (known as FAST_IPSEC before).
Before the command would erase all the existed SP entries; currently the
command would not. After digging the codes, I found the state of the SP
entries will be set as IPSEC_SPSTATE_DEAD, but the entries will not be
unlink from the SPD. Why needs to keep the entry in SPD? Is there any
special purpose? Without the removal, it's hard to tell whether the SP
entry still takes effect since "setkey -PD" will not show its status. On
the other hand, SA is like usual, once the "setkey -F" is typed in, the
SA entries will be erased right away.

Thanks.

BR,

blue