Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:30:42 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        Steve Kaczkowski <steve@inc.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Am I doing this right?

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 10:37:01PM -0600, Steve Kaczkowski wrote:
> One source says that I should recompile my kernel, reboot into single
> user and do a 'make installworld'. Makes sense but I can't recompile my
> kernel, I get errors like:
>
> config GENERIC
You're using the 3.x-version of config to parse a config file for a 4.x
system. You have to use the new versions of config etc. to generate a
4.x kernel. If you're able to boot your machine with the GENERIC kernel,
the sequence "make buildkernel && make installkernel" will work just fine.
Otherwise, you'll have to follow the instructions in /usr/src/UPDATING
to update the neccessary tools.

> the 'make installworld' it'll go for a bit and then finally error out
> with:
> [install-info fails]
Known problem. make -DNOINFO installworld; make installworld. See
/usr/src/UPDATING for details.

> Any hints?
/usr/src/UPDATING :)

/s/Udo
--
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.