Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:59:48 -0400
From:      epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
To:        David.Bear@asu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stop in make buildworld

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:59:36 -0700
David Bear <David.Bear@asu.edu> wrote:

> I've submitted a bug report but thought I'd ask here for any possible
> resolution. I installed release 4.10. After configuring and building
> my own kernel (just removed references to hardware I don't have in the
> config) I decided to cvsup to releng_4 (this is I think the way to get
> any security fixes?)

hello david,

i believe that the tag you want is:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_10

this will get you all patches (new features and security fixes) for 4.10.
RELENG_4 is the'head' of the 4.x branch and there may be some development
going on there which could cause something to break.

try changing the tag and cvsup anew.  before trying to build, be sure
to clean out everything under /usr/obj/.

HTH,
epi