Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:22:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <doemill@shocking.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE Disk/Controller dead?

Hey
I just got a 386 with 8mb of ram and a 100mb hard drive, ANd im trying to
stick a minimal freebsd install on it, and I boot the 3.2-release kern.flp,
then mfsroot.flp and then i config the kernel, then It probes for my
devices and freezes, I do ctrl+alt+F2 and I see this:

DEBUG: ioctl(3, TIOCCONS, NULL) = 0 (success)
rm: not found
DEBUG: Foung a network device named ed0
DEBUG: Foung a network device named lp0
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0 (status
d0<busy,rdy,seekdone> error 0)
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0 (status
d2<busy,rdy,seekdone,index> error 0)
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0 (status
d0<busy,rdy,seekdone> error 0)
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0 (status
d2<busy,rdy,seekdone, index> error 0)
wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn 0 (status
d2<busy,rdy,seekdone,index> error 0)
wd0: wdstart: wdcontrol returned nonzero, state = 1

It freezes forever, I left it sit for 15 hours and it still froze...
I Donthave the chance to run bad144 or anything, since It freezes when it
probes for the hardware..
Is there ANY way to fix this? Im desperate here, any help will be greatly
apreaciated, Thanks!