Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:41:38 +0100
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <q@galgenberg.net>
To:        Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDInstaller Beta 2 release

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

> As with the previous Beta release there are three virtual consoles availa=
ble:
> * ttyv0: The frontend
> * ttyv1: The backend
> * ttyv2: A standard login screen to login as root with no password

I can't currently test this, so I'm asking: Is ttyv2 running a full live
system with reasonable $PATH variable? In other words, can I run dd,
fdisk, bsdlabel (including vi), newfs, tar/cp/cpio from inside this
shell?

And: Would it thus be possible to use dump(8) from the mounted live-CD and
restore(8) the system to the local hard disk.

Ulrich Spoerlein
--=20
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44
Ok, which part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
didn't you understand?

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--