Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 20:35:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Wilson <jmw@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XF86 oddities.

Good day all,

I recently installed XFree86 3.3.6 on my 4.2-STABLE laptop and am
experiencing something odd.  It seems that after an X session, the machine
appears to "lockup"- not allowing any text input from the keyboard for a
few seconds.  This only happens when I've started X, then exited back
out into console mode.  It happens randomly.

If I reboot and don't run X, I don't see it happen.  Odd.

Finally, just a quick question.  In the 'rc.conf' man page, it states that
if you configure your network interface via DHCP, the hostname string in
rc.conf should be set to "" and dhclient will insert the correct name
itself.  However, this fails to work as I end up with a blank
hostname.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help,
John Wilson