Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 20:43:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Gary Schrock <root@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: arplookup messages

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Gary Schrock wrote:

> Ok, we've been getting messages like this one lately:
> Sep 13 16:23:42 anguish /kernel: arplookup 205.138.224.173 failed: host is
> not on local network
>
> I looked through the archives some, and I saw that other people have had
> similar problems, and there were even some posts that gave me a few ideas
> of what to look for.  One suggested running route get 205.138.224.173,
> which yields:
[..]

> (Sorry if that formats badly).  The same note implied that having that line
> that says gateway is bad, but didn't suggest what to do to fix things.
> Anyone have any ideas?

I'd be interested in seeing the output of `ifconfig de0' and `netstat
-rn'.  You should also double-check with your network admin that your
netmask is set properly, and see if you have a single gateway (router)
that you should be pointed at.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo