Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2021 12:30:33 +0000
From:      "Stephan, Corey" <corey.stephan@marquette.edu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   13Beta2, i386-wine: "Wine cannot find the ncurses library" & other errors (Zotero + other binaries)

Hello, everyone. I think that this is a bug, but as I am rather new to Free=
BSD,=20
I decided that it was more prudent to ask for guidance in the general help =
mailing
list than to file a bug report straight away.

FreeBSD 13 Beta 2, Default Kernel, AMD64

Hardware: Ryzen 1500X, RX 580 (kld_list=3D"boot/modules/amdgpu.ko")

Desktop: Xorg, spectrwm, gtk

Relevant packages (pkg):
i386-wine-5.0_1,1
wine-gecko-2.47.1
wine-mono-4.9.4_1

Zotero worked perfectly for me when I last tested it inside FreeBSD with Wi=
ne (12.2 in Virtualbox), and others report it to work well
(https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/72331/zotero-on-freebsd), but there n=
ow seems to be a problem with Wine's=20
internal linking to 'ncurses' (and possibly a problem with 'amdgpu').=20

The following error output happens on a brand new Wine prefix with a fresh =
installation of the=20
packages above, and it happens with packages other than Zotero (not a singl=
e-binary exclusive problem).=20

i386-wine-devel and the development releases of wine-gecko and wine-mono yi=
eld different but related error messages.

Might someone be able to help me with this?=20

Main error messages (full in pastebin):

Wine cannot find the ncurses library (libncurses.so.9).
libGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.so

Full terminal output for i386-wine (stable), 'wine /usr/home/corey/.wine/dr=
ive_c/Program\ Files/Zotero/zotero.exe':

https://pastebin.com/46f2LWz6

Thanks,
Corey

Corey Stephan