Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:19:29 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: multilink PPPoE possible? and nortel shasta 5000 problems

> Is it possible to run 2 PPPoE sessions to provider and do NAT for internal
> net so everything works? With just one connection I can't utilize enough of
> bandwidth and my provider is letting me use 2 logins per username.

There should be no problem.  Have they set up MP on the other end so
that you can multi-link the two and get two pieces of pie ?  If not,
you're just going to have a routing fiasco.

> Btw: Anyone here connected with FreeBSD's pppoe client to Nortel Shasta
> 5000? I'm having problems with this setup - lots of messages like this:
>

> May 25 10:07:08 triglav ppp[1287]: tun0: Warning: deflink: Oops: Got 58
> bytes but 10 byte payload
>

> They're running firmware 1.5.10 there.
[.....]

I've just read the specs, and figured out that this is actually a
(harmless) bug in ppp.  I recently added it thinking that I was
adding an extra consistency check, but instead I'm complaining about
completely legal padding characters.

Fixing it now.....

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>