Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:20:38 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Madeline Haggans <MHaggans@afsc.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: [OT] Re: Pornography on Yahoo

[WTH - I left -questions on, because I found something that just
*might* be interesting.]

Madeline Haggans <MHaggans@afsc.org> types:
> Thank you for the prompt response.  I read the announcement in today's
> paper.  Also if you go to Yahoo's website and type pornography in the search
> box it will take you to the site where the pornography is being sold!

Did you actually *try* this? I did, and got things on dealing with
pornography addiction, political opinion pieces on pornography and
prostitution, a critique of the infamouse Rimm article, and links to
groups fighting pornography. Nothing at all promoting pornography.

Ah, if I turn on the advertising, I see that someone who sells porn
has purchased ad space on yahoo. I guess you could turn that into
"Yahoo promotes porn", but it's a stretch. Sort of like accusing UPN
of promoting murder because they run Burger King ads.

In any case, I find your attempts to infringe the rights of others
morally offensive, and pray that you stop.

Finally, just to tweak the other subject brought up by clueless
randoms: Demons *ROCK*! Orlando's going DOWN!

	<mike