Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:46:22 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.0-19980923-BETA/

Andre Oppermann wrote:
> Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> -snip-
> > There's a swift current right now (groan), so if you don't subscribe
> > to cvs-all, now might be an excellent time to do so, at least during
> > the extent of the BETA period. :)
>
> That would kill me :(
>
> I'd like to see at least the base FreeBSD and Ports cvs lists separated.
>
> I fall on my knees and pray to you: please, please do this list.

Hmm.. This isn't out of the question.. It looks like the split (by
subtree) mailing lists got killed while I was away.

Is there a need for (say):

cvs-all  (all commits)
cvs-30   (all commits related to 3.0 (aka -current, -beta, -stable etc)
cvs-22   (all commits related to 2.2.x (aka 2.2-stable etc)
cvs-ports (ports commits)
cvs-www  (www tree)

ie:
- a commit to src/* in -current would go to cvs-all and cvs-30.
- a commit to docs/* would go to cvs-all, cvs-22, cvs-30 (since it's used in
  both branches - the docs area is not branched)
- a commit to ports/* would go to cvs-all and cvs-ports.

Would this be useful?  Too much?  Too little?  THis is different to what
we had before where commits to all branches were lumped in together.

> ;-)
> --
> Andre

Cheers,