Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:57:53 -0400
From:      "Steve Littleford" <slittleford@all.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Toner Cartridges

Everyone,

   I know spam is a fact of life, but these guys have a reputation for
being jerks (or Toner weasels, if you prefer).
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~atman/spam/

 > **** VORTEX SUPPLIES ****

 > ORDER BY PHONE:1-888-288-9043

 > ORDER BY FAX: 1-888-977-1577
 > E-MAIL REMOVAL LINE: 1-888-494-8597

<HHOS>
Since this is a security list, could someone tell me what security
problems I might run into if my FreeBSD machine were configured to call
these 1-888 numbers continually?  Aside from the hardware about two or
three modems?  Is it possible to assign this task to a non-root thread?
</HHOS>

-Steve

(gee, what do I do with these spare modems and Digi-Board?)