Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 00:12:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
To:        wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new Intel 100Mbps card

> If you can't find the id on the chip, I'll see what I can track down at
> Intel tomorrow.

I am looking up the Intel website. The chip indeed is 82559. Also
there doesn't seem to be a correlation between the chip and the PCI device_id.
I have two network cards (I mentioned them in my last postings) with different
device_ids but the same 82559 chip on them.

From the Intel's page, I was able to find the technical names for the two
cards that I've been talking about.
1) Intel InBusiness 10/100 adaptor - this one has a device_id of 0x1030.
2) Pro/100+ PCI Management adaptor (board id number is 721383-xxx). This has
   the usual PCI device_id of 0x1229.

The relevant website that displays the above information is:
    http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/21397.htm

- Mohit