Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 19:58:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        fpawlak@execpc.com (Frank Pawlak)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Obtaining Netscape for FreeBSD

> On Jun 4,  8:14pm, Alex Helbig wrote:
> > Subject: Obtaining Netscape for FreeBSD
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been trying to find the most recent version of Netscape that runs
> > under FreeBSD -> the best I have found so far is v3.04.  All newer
> > releases only seemed to come in Linux Binaries.
> >
> > Has anyone tried the Linux binaries on a FreeBSD under Linux emulation?
> >
> > Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Alex.
> >

> I have been running the Linux version for the past few months, and it works
> just great.  I use Linux plugins with it also, and overall have had very few
> problems.

Netscape has a version of Communicator for FreeBSD.  Get it at:
ftp://ftp24.netscape.com/pub/communicator/4.05/development/english/unix/freebsd/.

It is a development version, but it's stable enough.  (It is source code)

> Frank

> >-- End of excerpt from Alex Helbig

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft Sucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/

Finger dima@zwb.net for more information.