Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 15:58:13 -0400
From:      Mark Bucciarelli <mark@gaiahost.coop>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I need further HDD advice before submitting order.

freebsd.org@donnacha.com wrote:

> Chuck - I'm going to take your advice on setting up some kind of mirror,
> software RAID or whatever, thanks.

Just having gone through setting up software raid as my first
post-install FreeBSD task, I can highly recommend gmirror.  It uses the
new GEOM code (like gvinum) but gmirror has a man page and is feature
complete.  As of 5.3, gvinum did not have all the commands implemented
(not sure about it in 5.4).

If you are not using 5.x then sorry for missing the beginning of the thread.

Regards,

Mark