Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:17:47 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More breakage in -current as a result of header frobbing.

In message <27201.888168269@time.cdrom.com> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
: More to the point, it's far more damaging to alienate and potentially
: lose an existing volunteer than it is to have the tree occasionally
: broken, as much as I might whine about that from time to time.  We
: have to consider who we are and how we got here - this isn't
: commercial software development, as much as we might sometimes try to
: emulate it. :-)

I hate to jump into the llama spitting that has been going on...

personally, i don't have a problem with what has been going on.  Ever
since the make buildworld target came online, I don't care if tree is
broken in -current from time to time.  if people bust it and don't fix
it in a timely better, then that is a problem. I've not seen that in
-current at all.  sure people are human and are in need of a pointy
hat from time to time.  if there is a person who has violated these
tennants, i'd expect core to deal with it appropriately.  this, after
he or she has a long history of needing others to cleam up after them
or not respecting the will of core.  None of which is currently going
on as best as I can tell (I'm not in core).

I agree with jordan.  I don't think there is a problem here.

Warner