Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 20:30:38 -0400
From:      Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jhb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB to IDE converter

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 10:51:09AM +0100, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> > USB hasn't changed much in -stable between 4.4 and now.  We've got a lot
> > of new usb code in -current though, and I'm hoping to have the bugs
> > ironed out before 4.6.

I was amazed at all the merging you've done from Net/OpenBSD :-)

> I forgot to add, there's a patch set against -stable at
> http://www.josef-k.net/misc.  Use the latest one.

I built world and kernel with your latest patch set which applied
cleanly and seems to work well with my limited devices (SanDisk
Imagemate and Mustek scanner).  No problems so far ... great work!

The newer code didn't help my USB to IDE converter, though.  I'll try
and scrounge up a Winders box and see if I can use it to upgrade the
firmware like John mentioned he did with his, assuming you can do this
with mine ... it seems pretty simplistic.  Otherwise, I can always box
it back up and give it as a gift to someone who runs Windows :-).

-Brian