Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:11:49 +0500 (YEKT)
From:      Max Gotlib <max@cca.usart.ru>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to free TTY ?

Hi!

I'm busy with developing the character device driver for some hardware
(Z85230 based serial board). I would like the driver to be loaded as
KLD and I would like to be able to unload the module as well. I'm working
under the FreeBSD-4.4r.

I obtain the TTY structure on the first open() by means of ttymalloc().

How can I deallocate the memory on the device detachment ? (The ttyfree()
function is commented out in /sys/kern/tty.c with appropriate message...)

Thanks in advance,
Max.