Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 06:22:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        randyk@ccsales.com (Randy A. Katz)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail - anti-spam, relay hosts

Randy A. Katz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know this is not for sendmail but I always get the best answers here and
> I'm using FreeBSD.
>
> I put in the rules to sendmail.cf for not allowing others to relay mail
> through our server. I have a number of virtual web sites on the server and
> each has a POP account and sends/receives email to/from the POP and to the
> world (the users are allowed to use us as their SMTP host).
>
> As soon as I put the no relay rules in they can no longer use us as an SMTP
> host. Is there a way to allow them if they are a valid POP account?

	you must explicitly allow the virtual websites addresses to
	use your machine as a relay.

	your anti-relay rules probably include allow mmail to/from $=w
	(all the names of your mahcine).  define a classs, say "R",
	and add all the virtual website, forwards and aliases to it.
	the copy the "$=w" rule and chnage the copy from "$=w" to
	"$=R"

jmb