Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 2003 22:47:33 +0200
From:      Rick Hoekman <rick@paranoia.nl>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-Writer (ATA) and cdrecord

Hello freebsd-newbies,

I want to use my cd-rw, it mounts perfectly but CDRECORD is not finding
the drive. This is in my /etc/fstab

/dev/acd0a              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

cdrecord -scanbus is giving me this:

Cdrecord 2.00.3 (i386-unknown-freebsd4.8) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

Do I have to load a SCSI emulator or load a kernel module like you have
to do in Linux?

Thanks!

Rick