Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2017 11:43:48 -0700
From:      Ultima <ultima1252@gmail.com>
To:        "David P. Discher" <dpd@dpdtech.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 12-current, since 323508 / Sept 13 - smartctl / smartmontools - unable to query drives

Just recently tested smartctl (a few days ago) r324135 and I
found that the auto detection seems to be broken but manually
selecting the device type works. Are you positive you tested
every device type?

I was a bit surprised to find that atacam works for my onboard
controller and the HBA only works with sat,auto and scsi