Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:55:16 -0800
From:      "Daniel Manesajian" <dmanesajian@nextgig.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   em and gx drivers

Hi guys,

I'm moving from the wx driver to either the gx or em driver. I haven't seen
a lot of traffic about either and I was wondering what people's experiences
have been like. Has any one done performance tests? How do the three drivers
stack up? Any negative points on either driver?

Also, are both drivers still being actively maintained (i.e. is one going to
become the official driver)? Glancing through the source, it seems gx
doesn't support the 82544 controller yet, and I was wondering if this in the
works.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

D-man
Software Engineer, NextGig