Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 10:15:05 +0700 (ICT)
From:      pirat sriyotha <pirat@oaep.go.th>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help: ppp and xterm.des make me su harder

hi,

i'm a newbies,  even i have been with freebsd since 2.1.0 though.

i am using 2.2.6 now.  recently, i add des distrbution in order to use
ppp.  i know this from errata.txt file.  thanks to freebsd group that fore
see the problem.  and also from that file, i down load xterm.des and
install a new and clean xterm.  i afraid that i have to add kerberos
distribution too.  oh yes yes, i remember it now.

when i want to be root, for example i have to dial to my isp, i have to
'telnet localhost' and login as super user and su to root.

unfortunately, a su command take a very  very long time and give me
  'su: kerberos: not in root's ACL'
before allowing me to enter root's password.

so i know that i have to learn some thing new again.

but i see from a handbook that as long as i do not want to be any kerberos
server and stand alone i do not really need to set any thing up for
kerberos.

so i do not set my machine up for kerberos now.

but the problem remains,  the above su command.

would any one from here give me some light of knowledge for my 'su'
problem ?

thanks in advance.

with regards,
pirat sriyotha