Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 12:07:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      dave adkins <adkin003@tc.umn.edu>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        David A Adkins <adkin003@tc.umn.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/kern sysv_shm.c src/sys/vm swap_pager.c         vm_fault.c vm_map.c

On Mon, 4 May 1998, John S. Dyson wrote:

> What you are seeing is a "DIAGNOSTIC" panic that really isn't
> indicating a problem.  I am reworking the issue, but for now, just
> disable diagnostic.  I'll be committing a fix in an hour.

John,

It panics without the DIAGNOSTIC message at the line:

	if ((robject->handle == NULL)  &&
	    (robject->type == OBJT_DEFAULT ||
	     robject->type == OBJT_SWAP)) {

trying to derefence robject->handle.

I put in an additional test to prevent the dereference through NULL:

        if ( robject && (robject->handle == NULL)  &&
            (robject->type == OBJT_DEFAULT ||
             robject->type == OBJT_SWAP)) {

and have been running with it for a few hours. I know its not a real fix,
just a little more info on where I'm failing.

dave adkins