Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 1995 12:25:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Lars Fredriksen" <fredriks@mcs.com>
To:        ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Problems with 2.0.5-R and IBM PS/NOTE?

Thomas David Rivers writes:

> I just tried to upgrade a 1.1.5 IBM PS/NOTE to 2.0.5-R.  Most
> everything went fine (thank goodness for the "holographic shell"),
> except that the psm driver still suffers the same problem it
> had in 1.1.5.
>
> That is, when I enable the psm driver, and it does its probe to
> determine there is a PS/2 mouse; I wind up with a locked-down
> keyboard.  If I don't do the probe (disable it with boot -c),
> everything works just fine.
>
> This tends to point to the psm probe routine as being the culprit
> that locks down the keyboard... any ideas?
>
> 	- Dave Rivers -

try the following patch:

> #if defined(NCR3333)
>       psm_command(ioport, PSM_INT_ENABLE);
> #endif

It seems that on some machine, disabling the interrupt for the mouse
also disables the interrupt for the keyboard. I tried to use command 0x20
to read the current state of the command register, but on the NCR machine
anyway, that doesn't work right. Anyway enable the NCR3333 option and try
it. It cured my problem, but I don't know if this should be in the CVS
tree as it is very much a HACK. Also note that just commenting out the
disabling of the mouse interrrupt didn't help either. I hacked a the
probe and the attach routine to just return success and not to mess with
the AUX port, but that didn't help either. So I haven't figured out yet
how the psm driver manages to mess up the keyboard.

Anyway, if someone has a different machine to try to figure
out what the state of the command register is at different times try to
put int the following lines:

	psm_command(ioport, 0x20);
	psm_poll_status();
	c = inb(ioport+DATA);