Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2007 13:22:34 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: firefox, mozilla won't display PHP (Was: Re: firefox, extensions, and *.php pages)

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 12:11:28AM +0300, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> On 2/3/07, Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org> wrote:
> >Thanks for the clue!!  Now, is there any way to automagically
> >deinstalll all php4 ports?  And:: is php5 worth going for?
> >From what I've seen of php5, I Like it.
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> why do you indent text in your letters that much?

	:-)  I'm used to typewriters and tabs.  [[ google `typewriters'
	if you are under 55! ]]

> I'd try pkg_delete -rx php4 and then install php
> and everything else that depends on it from scratch.
>
> As for php5, go for it if the apps you use don't
> require php4. You'll find support for php5 in most
> open-source php-based projects.

	The last I checked--months--php5 had some more C-like functions.
	I had to code workarounds to get the functionality I needed.
	Meanwhile, I'm sticking with pre-hacked code; almost everything
	is out there somewhere.

> Good luck!

	thank you.

	gary