Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:03:56 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        John Straiton <jsmailing@clickcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Performance Problems.. Server hardware smoked by $500 box?

John Straiton wrote:
[..SNIP..]

>Please tell me that I shouldn't toss these multi-thousand dollar servers
>and just buy a bunch of these silly do-it-yourself'ers..(*kidding*, but
>you get the idea)

Don't toss the hardware.  I don't think it has anything to do with your
hardware.  I think it's either an apache conf issue, or possibly DNS
issues.  I'd like to see the following for each machine:

/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/hosts
/etc/host.conf (or /etc/nsswitch.conf)
/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf

Eric

All generalizations are false, including this one.