Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      L Goodwin <xrayv19@yahoo.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuring FreeBSD 6.2 to use sendmail for sending only

Chuck, I'd prefer to have the script handle the
mailing  so I can test the script (with email send)
manually, independent of cron.

Still looking for specifics on setting this up and a
bourne shell script example that sends an email.
Thanks!

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mail.html