Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:05:24 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@mcs.net>
Cc:        Daniel Berlin <root@danberlin.resnet.rochester.edu>, Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WARNING WILL ROBINSON! Risk of severe filesystem damage suspected

dyson       1998/03/16 22:30:56 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/kern             vfs_subr.c
  Log:
  Correct a severely evil bug in the vtruncbuf code.  It didn't cause
  me any problems until after the previous commit.  This problem then
  caused a severe case of creeping crud on my diskdrive, and hosed
  my system so bad, that I needed to do a complete reinstall.  Sorry!!!

  I assume that others have manifest this bug.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.143     +34 -2     src/sys/kern/vfs_subr.c