Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 1999 00:50:01 +0300
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@imc.macro.ru>
To:        All <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   strange named behavior in 3.4-STABLE

Hi, All!

   I've upgraded from 3.3-STABLE to 3.4-STABLE and notice strange
   thing:
   I have ``named'' run on my machine, which have only dial-up
   Internet connection. I have ``ppp -nat -auto provider'' run too.
   My named have configured to be primary NS in my network (domain is
   not registered and IP addresses are from 192.168.xx.xx range).
   Also, named have ``forward-only'' option and two addresses of my
   ISP DNS.
   Whet it was 3.3-STABLE (really -- 3.3-RELEASE with stable kernel)
   everything works perfectly. PPP doesn't call my ISP until I (or
   somebody in local network) need connection.
   But with new system (3.4-RELEASE) ``named'' initiate dial-up just
   after start! Why new named want to connect when there is no any
   outgoing packets? How could I disable such behavior?

               Lev Serebryakov, 2:5030/661.0