Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:51:27 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make ".if exists" problem/question

--nextPart2676644.heY2PL7rDC

Dear make gurus (bsd make, not gmake),

it seems that make checks .if directives only at statrup. How can I trigger=
=20
a "reread"?
I have the problem that in one target I create a filetree, another target=20
checks if it exists, if not it creates itself again. Now it works=20
perfectly when I call the two targets both externally (installcfworld=20
installcfconfig) but when the internal higher "install" gets to the=20
installcfconfig target it fails!
I'm really desperate, I need to check this. Is this a nasty bug?

Thanks,

=2DHarry