Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:05:01 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Tiny starter configuration for FreeBSD

Ted writes:

> What I was indicating is that the statement that
> the Windows UI is superior than the UNIX UI has no
> meaning because you can put the Windows UI on
> UNIX if you want.

If I put the Windows UI on UNIX, I'm not running the UNIX UI anymore.  And if I
want to do that, it's a lot simpler to just run Windows in the first place.  The
fact that you might be able to get a Windows UI of sorts running under UNIX
doesn't negate the significant and fundamental inferiority of the UNIX UI from
the standpoint of a typical desktop user.

> People become emotionally attached to their cars,
> and you ask this?!? :-)

I've asked why they become emotionally attached to their cars, too.  Cars are
just a necessary evil that one must use to travel intermediate and long
distances sometimes.