Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:29:34 +0000
From:      Will <will@linuxfreak.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Using freebsd within an ext2 partition.

Is it possible to run freebsd  and boot it in a single ext2 partition or
a logical drive in an
extended, type 05 or type 85 extended partition?  If not, is it possible
to boot from a floppy,
and load an ext2 partition as root.  I'm not worried about  stability,
only convenience.
The disklabel and slices stuff keeps me from installing multiple copies
of freebsd along with
dozens of other operating systems on my machine, for me to play with and
understand?