Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:29:48 -0400
From:      "Christopher Harrer" <charrer@alacritech.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Specifying Serial Line Speed for Remote GDB Debugging

Hello All,

Is there anyway to specify the speed for remote Kernel debugging using gdb?
For example, I compile my kernel with gdb symbols (-g) and I reboot my
target system.  When the boot loader starts up, I enter "boot kernel -d" and
get to the "db>" prompt.

At this point I'd like to enter "gdb -b 115200", but when I do I get a
message "Symbol not found" and gdb does not start.

Any ideas?  I'm suspecting the serial port speed default to 19.2 or worse
yet 9600.

Thanks in advance!

Chris