Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:36:37 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.3S won't see a DPT RAID array

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Tom wrote:
> > controller displays it. Booting into DOS sees the 4GB drive and the ~20GB
> > array. Booting FreeBSD shows the usual before starting the kernel:
> >
> > C:      is disk 1
> > D:      is disk 2
> >
> > However, when FBSD boots up it sees all 6 drives individually. Any ideas
> > why? I've not seen this before. I've another machine using exactly; same
> > DPT model, same revision, same firmware; and 3.3S on that machine sees
> > drive and array, as planned. I just can't see what's wrong. I don't want
> > to use vinum, when I shouldn't have to.
> > Cheers.
>
>   Well, I suspect that you didn't choose the right host type in dptmgr.
> You should choose "linux".

Linux isn't an option. In dptmgr 1.KN, at least. SVR4.2 worked just fine
though. Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@ais.salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)