Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:16:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crontab behavior in AMD64

Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com> wrote:
 > I have a crontab
 > 14 22 * * * /usr/home/hank/bin/tozoraida.sh
 >
 > which is not running
 > When I try to research the problem the only thing I see is an error in
 > maillog
 > postfix/sendmail[36590]: fatal:
 >    No recipient addresses found in message
 >    header

Do you happen to use LDAP on that machine, or have some
other unusual user-authentication scheme configured?

There has been a similar case on the German FreeBSD-
question mailing list recently (i.e. cron refusing to
send mails, and the same error message from the MTA),
and it turned out to be the fault of the local LDAP
installation.

Best regards
   Oliver

"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination
of their C programs."
        -- Robert Firth