Date:      23 Jan 2001 12:21:34 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Can Altineller <altine@ee.fit.edu>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM Thinkpad 770

Can Altineller <altine@ee.fit.edu> writes:
> 	A similar ioport out of range error occurs at boottime with ppc0
> (the parallel port). I think all those happen because IBM laptops use a
> pretty nonstandard io/irq allocation for the devices.

Actually, they don't. There's probably something weird in your config,
but since you included neither your kernel config nor a dmesg (you
didn't even say what version you're running!) there's no telling
what's wrong.

> 	Also, does anyone know what kind of soundcard does this laptop
> use.

Probably a Crystal Semiconductors CS423x.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org