Date:      27 Oct 2002 11:22:02 -0700
From:      Aaron Siegel <Aaron.Siegel@attbi.com>
To:        "G.E. Rafe" <rafege@mail.com>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help! WordPerfect can't find /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 !

Hello

I was able to get older linux binaries to work by install the following
rpms from the Red Hat 6.1 distribution:

ld.so-1.9.5-13.i386.rpm
libc-5.3.12-31.i386.rpm

I did this by:
# /usr/compat/linux/bin/bash
# rpm -ivh ld.so-1.9.5-13.i386.rpm
# rpm -ivh libc-5.3.12-31.i386.rpm

Then you will need to add the library to the
/usr/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf file here are the directories listed in
my file:

/usr/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib

I do not know if this is the best method of getting the old libraries to
work. It works for me, both Matlab R11 and WordPerfect 8 are working on
my computer.