Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:18:44 +0100
From:      Jim Hatfield <subscriber@insignia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using poptop....

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:11:40 +0100, in local.freebsd.questions you
wrote:

>> I would use mpd but it has problems with XP clients.
>>

>What type of problems are you seeing with MPD (Netgraph variety) and
>WinXP?
>That's my VPN terminator software and all of my remote XP systems seem
>have no problems with it.

Interesting. What I see is on the XP box, the connectoid which shows
the packet counters shows lots of receive errors. If I (for example)
make an ftp connection to a machine on the protected network, it is
OK but if I do a dir then it hangs and takes maybe 30 seconds to list
a dozen files.

I'm not alone, other people on the mpd-users mailing list have the
same problems. My gut-feel tells me it is something to do with=20
fragmentation but I don't know how to make XP tell me what the errors
are.