Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 02:18:32 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
Cc:        Lee Cremeans <lcremeans@erols.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ABIT KT7 and temp monitoring

Roman Shterenzon wrote:

> I'm sure that it doesn't help you, but all the computers I'd FreeBSD
> installed on couldn't work with all lmmon apps, though smb0 on smbus0 on
> intpm0 was found. Neither they worked with /dev/io.

What it can find looks like

pcf0: <PCF8584 I2C bus controller> at port 0x320-0x321 irq 5 on isa0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on pcf0 addr 0xaa
iicsmb0: <I2C to SMB bridge> on iicbus0
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on iicsmb0
smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
iic0: <I2C general purpose I/O> on iicbus0

but still doesn't work. The Via HWM doesn't work on my VP6 either.

Kent

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Lee Cremeans wrote:
>
> > Has anyone been able to get healthd or any of the temperature monitoring
> > tools in ports/ to to work on a ABIT KT7? I tried both, and neither can find
> > the chip on my board (healthd dies, the other utility gives me bogus data).
> > Any ideas? I'm running FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.
> >
> > -lee
> >
> > --
> >

> --Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
> [ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com